Wednesday 20 April 2011

Unfriended

We were close
Or so I thought
Before she was famous
We’d say hello
As we’d come and go
It was personal

Facebook with no friends
Is no fun
A lonely place
And I passed the test
I sent a friend request
And Cat Deeley accepted

Cat was doing this
And Cat was doing that
And I was a part of it
Or so it seemed
As Cat’s face beamed
From her avatar

Then one day
I noticed
My friend count was down
The list I checked
But my life was wrecked
By her absence

So I viewed her friends
Brad and George
Kylie and Becks
I saw every face
That had taken my place
And usurped me

It was hard to bear
The rejection
The void
It didn’t seem right
I was celebrity light
But Jordan said yes

1 comment:

  1. Ha - excellent! I thought this worked very effectively live. Strangely enough, I've been working on a poem which mentions the fragrant (pungent?) Jordan in line one.

    ReplyDelete